Yate A are a strong side who have very solid top boards and must be in with a good chance of promotion this season. Horfield D struggled against them.
Lee and Alan lost first. Alan was a pawn up and but came under a mate threat and may have resigned prematurely. Peter won. Howard was under pressure and used up too much time. Graham lost a rook for a knight and Jeremy won clinically. Mike had declined a draw a few times but when the match was lost accepted the inevitable in a dead drawn rook and pawn ending.
(1) Alan Clarke 0 – 1 Adrian Champion
(2) §Howard Milbank 0 – 1 Andrew Penn
(3) Graham Strickland 0 – 1 Jeremy Gardner
(4) Lee Abercasis 0 – 1 Andy Hewitt
(5) Mike Jennings 0.5 – 0.5 Pete McAfee
(6) Peter Marks 1 – 0 Mike Bradford
HORFIELD D 1.5 – 4.5 YATE A
NB: Horfield were black on boards 1, 3, and 5