The little team cup is awarded each season to a member of the D or E team who scores the most points in games against other members of that team. They then hold the trophy for one year. The current holder is Mike Jennings. In 16-17 Tom Holmes won.
How the Cup competition works
- All members of the D and E team squads are automatically entered in the competition Games are played under the league rules for chess games.
- Players may only play other competitors twice once with black and once with white.
- Matches are scored 1 point for playing in addition to 1 point for a win and ½ point for a draw.
- The winner is the person scoring the most points.
- Games may only be played at club nights at Horfield Chess Club.
- Any issues will be referred to the Captain of the D or E team for resolution.
- Unless the Captain is involved in the dispute in which case the Club Secretary will resolve the issue.
- All games played under league rules will be submitted to the league to be graded.
- Beginners are eligible to play matches that consist of three quickplay games against competitors.
- They can play up two matches against other competitors and will receive two rooks as odds.
Results and table may be found here: